Physical Characteristics of Pressed Complete Feed for Dairy Cattle
The study was aimed to evaluate the physical characteristics of the pressed complete feed in the forms of cube, cylinder and ball. The study was conducted to get a complete feed of dairy cows that can be developed commercially. The evaluation was done on a physical test : bulkiness, hardness and hygroscopic properties of pressed complete feeds. The results of this research showed that the bulkiness of pressed complete feed in the forms cubes, cylinders and balls were between 0.20 up to 0.48 liter/kg; the hardness of pressed complete feed, cylinders and balls were 3 lbs up to 14 lbs; the hygroscopic factor of pressed complete feed in the forms cubes, cylinders and balls were around 1.10% up to 9.69%. The pressed complete feed in the forms of cube and cylinder are better than the form of ball in physical characteristics.
Full Text: PDF
- Aswandi, A., Sutrisno, C. I., Arifin, M., & Achmadi, J. 2012. Effect of complete feed starch banana weevil pea stone on the beans goats system in vivo against carcass weight and carcass part. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, 3(1), 26-31.
- Ensminger, M. E., and C. G. J. Olentine. 1978. Feed and Nutrition Complete. First ed. The Ensminger Publishing Co, California pp. 334.
- Hartadi, H., S. Reksohadiprodjo, and A. D. Tillman. 1997. Table of Feed Composition for Indonesia (in Indonesian). Gajah Mada University Press, Yogyakarta pp 145.
- Jayusmar, E. Trisyulianti and J. Jachja. 2002. The influence of Temperature and Pressure Against the Physical Properties of Wafer Ration Using Agricultural Waste as Source of Fiber and Legum to Ruminants (in Indonesian) PETERNAKAN 24 (2): 76-80
- Mayulu, H., Sunarso, S., Sutrisno, C. I., & Sumarsono, S. 2012. The Effects of Amofer Palm Oil Waste-based Complete Feed to Blood Profiles and Liver Function on Local Sheep. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, 3(1), 17-21.
- Raghuvansi S.K.S., R. Prasad, M.K. Tripathi, A.S. Mishra, O.H. Chaturvedi, A.K. Misra, B.L. Sarawat and R.C. Jakhmola. 2007. Effect of Complete Feed Blocks or Grazing and Supplementation of Lambs on Performance, Nutrient Utilisation, Rumen Fermentation and Rumen Microbial Enzymes. ANIMAL 1: 221-226.
- Ramanzin, M. L., Bailoni, and G. Bittante. 1994. Solubility, Water Holding Capacity and Specific Gravity of Different Concentrates. J. DAIRY SCI. 77:774-781. Doi: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022030294770120
- Santra A., Karim SA and Chaturvedi OH. 2002. Effect of Concentrate Supplementation on Nutrient Intake and Performance of Lamb of Two Genotypes Grazing a Semi-arid Rangeland. SMALL RUMINANT RESEARCH 44 : 37-45. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4488(02)00033-0
- Sekine, J., H.E.M. Kamel, A.N.M.A.F. El-Seed and M. Hishinuma. 2003. Evaluation of Methods for Determination of Bulk Density of Eight Kinds of Forage under Air-dry and Wet Conditions. Asian-Aust. J. ANIM. SCI. 16 (8) : 1126-1130.
- Steel, R. G. D. and J. H. Torrie. 1993. The Principles and Procedures of Statistics A Biometric Approach. (in Indonesian). The Second Editions. PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Jakarta.
- Suherman, D. 2005. Ratio of Native Grass and Concentrate in the Ration to the Quality of Milk Production of Holstein Cow. ANIMAL PRODUCTION 7 (1) : 14-20.
- Susanti, E and T. Widiyastuti, 2007. Study of the Technology of Complete Feed for Dairy Cows (in Indonesian). Research Report. Fakulty of Animal Science, University of Jenderal Soedirman, Purwokerto, Central Java, Indonesia.
- Susanti, E dan T. Widiyastuti and Munasik, 2010. The Study of Use Binders on Complete Feed Block. Processing on Physisical and Chemical Quality. Proceedings International Seminar : The 1st International Seminar and Biennial Meeting of Indonesian Nutrition and Feed Science Association, Empowerment of Local Feeds to Support Feed Security. Faculty of Animal Science Soedirman University Purwokerto and Indonesian Nutrition and Feed Science Association (AINI). ISBN:978-979-25-9572-7 pp. 37-39.
- Sutardi, T. 2001. Dairy Farm Revitalization Through Use of Waste-based Plantations Rations and Organic Mineral Supplementation (in Indonesian). Final Report of Research integrated seed VIII.I. The Office of Minister of State Research & Technology. Indonesian Institute of Sciences.
- Trisyulianti, E., Suryahadi and V.N. Rakhma. 2003. The influence of the use of Molases and Cassava Flour as Binder of the Physical Properties of the Wafer Complete Ration (in Indonesian). MEDIA PETERNAKAN 26 (2): 35-40
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.